Thursday, October 1, 2020

Expert Interview

 

            Everyone who is truly passionate about the game of futbol wishes to take their skills to the next level. It is every young man's/women's dream to play soccer in college and maybe even beyond that but do not really understand what it takes to get to that level. I had these same kind of questions before I started playing soccer at my college but quickly figured out what it takes by asking my former coach a couple of important questions that I thought would be very informative and helpful to others.

 "Most important attribute a player should possess?"

            I asked my coach if he could answer a couple of important questions for me so that I can share with all of you and he agreed. The first questions I asked was "what is the most important attribute a player can have?" I was surprised by the quick response that I received to the question. He said, "discipline is very important for every athlete to have (not just in futbol but any sport)." He stressed that having the right mindset and will to work hard for the greater good of the team and not just for yourself is an important characteristic to have. He said he has seen many super talented players waste their talents because they do not have the discipline needed to be part of a high-level team. This information was very interesting because it goes to show that your character is more important than your skill. 

"Does hard work beat talent?"

        The other question that I asked my college soccer coach was "Does talent beat hard work?" and like the previous question, he stated, "Absolutely not! I would rather have a group of guys/girls that are willing to work hard every single day to better themselves and the team. Individual talent is amazing to have on a team but when you are able to mesh those two together, you create and unbreakable drive in the team" I have had personal experiences where a teammate thought he was too good to be working as hard as the rest of the team and that is the wrong mindset to have. From this short interview, I learned that hard work beats talent any day and it is what college coaches are looking for. Also, you must be very disciplined to enjoy the game and prevail the right way.

        This is great information that young futbol players can soak up and implement into their game and everyday lives. It also serves as a valuable life lesson if you take it that way. 

        Do you agree with these statements?  Why or why not? I would love to hear what you think is more important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Café Express Products

Café Express Products!           Make sure to check out our gear and other high-quality products that we offer at a fair and reasonable pric...