Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Are lace less futbol cleats a good idea? Critique

 


           Adidas recently introduced a new and fresh concept that was focused around making lace less cleats the new wave. Before I get into critiquing this product from Adidas, I will admit that I personally think that the concept itself was a great idea because it was fresh and something we have not seen before. Also, the design and look of the shoe was just fantastic! A sleek and simple look is what a lot of footballers are looking for. 

    However, although these cleats look really cool, Adidas did a poor job when it came to making a comfortable and responsive shoe for a consumer. First, the way that these shoes fit out of the box are the way that they are going to fit for the remainder of its lifetime. When I got mine, I was super excited and when I took them out of the box they didn't fit as snug as I would've like them to and I was left pondering the question, "what now?". These cleats did not fit snug on my foot so wearing them in games and training was an automatic no. 

    Another critique I have with this cleat from Adidas is that the lockdown on this shoe is a zero since there is no lacing system. I like my feet to feel really secure in my cleat and not allow any extra room from my feet to slide around and this product did not do that for me. A lacing system does much more than you think, and I realized that after I bought a cleat that completely removed this feature.

    If Adidas wishes to continue with this concept, they should really think of ways to address these issues to provide consumers with a product that will not cause these problems. All this shoe does for you is make you look cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Café Express Products

Café Express Products!           Make sure to check out our gear and other high-quality products that we offer at a fair and reasonable pric...