Sunday, November 1, 2020

Leader Inspiration

 


            Being a leader is a lot harder than you think but being a leader is what gets you through tough situations that you may face during your life. I have always struggled with being vocal and acting as a leader on the pitch to my teammates but there came a time where I needed to be, and it was the best thing that happened to me and my team. 

            My futbol club had made it to the championship game in what was a very difficult season so being there already made it feel like there was something to prove. The whistle blew and the game had started, and we found ourselves down a goal early in the game and I noticed that my team was already putting their heads down and acting like the game was over. Nobody was saying anything and the tension remained still until the halftime whistle blew and we found ourselves down 2-0 at the half. 

            No one said a word and my teammates were still visibly upset and I knew that I had to step in and do something about it or we were going to lose this game. I remember it felt like the world stood still in that moment and I riled everybody up and told them that this game was far from over. I said, "I don't care if we win or lose this game, I just don't want any of you guys going home tonight thinking you could've done more". I took charge and gave the team a game plan and encouraged them to stick to it all while motivating everyone to keep fighting. 

            The game ended and we won the game 3-2 in what seemed like a scene straight out of a movie and it was (to this day) still one of the greatest moments I have ever been a part of. Although I was not used to being a leader, I knew I had to be and it certainly paid off. 

            Being a leader means so much more than being the best talent on the pitch. Be a leader for the people that need leading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Café Express Products

Café Express Products!           Make sure to check out our gear and other high-quality products that we offer at a fair and reasonable pric...